Carmet Marine are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all Employees, Contractors and Visitors whilst on site.
The company employs highly qualified and experienced Health, Safety and Environmental professionals who provide all levels of management, Supervision and the Workforce with appropriate advice, guidance and support to deliver the project safely and without risk to health or damage to the environment to the exact requirements of the customer and to comply with Health & Safety legislation.
Our aim is to sustain a stable and profitable business and be recognised for meeting and exceeding clients expectations by:
- Conformance to specification, contract & standards.
- Providing value for money.
- Reliability of work and adherence to schedules.
- Creating a safe working environment.
- Minimising waste generated by ship repair and shipyard activities.
- Complying with the environmental agencies guidelines for the minimisation of VOC & mass solid emissions.
- Seeking alternative environmentally friendly consumables to replace hazardous substances.
- Improving effect use of energy relative to our baseline energy consumption.
Health & Safety
- Improving visual awareness of hazards and potential hazards.
- Implementing a ‘DON’T WALK BY’ policy which is led by senior management, and is actively adopted by all employees.
- Reducing accident book entries & reportable accidents, improving the reporting culture, and reducing accidents and man hours spent off work.
The Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems along with the Quality Management System have undergone a complete overhaul recently. We are constantly looking at making our systems better and work more efficient with ideas form all, including customers and contractors.
Annual KPI’s are set to realistic SMART targets and are continuously monitored for compliance with the aim of going beyond compliance being realised on a daily basis. These programmes are documented within our annual Improvement Plan and are available for review when appropriate.
At Carmet Marine, HSE is our Highest Priority with 100% Customer Satisfaction being our objective.